Thursday, March 9, 2006

Goodbye My Lover...

The song below... I was driving to "Cuddly Studly's" house... that was his nickname when we were together.  Any-whoozle, I was driving there listening to my new James Blunt CD... this song came on... and, oh my, it just says everything I felt for the 2 1/2 years we were together, up to and including the day we broke up.  Every once in a great while there are songs that say something you are feeling, but to put the whole experience into words would take multiple song lyrics.  This song just said it all... I was totally about to cry when I heard it.   

Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?
'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun,
Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won.

So I took what's mine by eternal right.
Took your soul out into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there,
I am here for you if you'd only care.

You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when,
My heart was blinded by you.

I've kissed your lips and held your head.
Shared your dreams and shared your bed.
I know you well, I know your smell.
I've been addicted to you.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

I am a dreamer but when I wake,
You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me,
Remember us and all we used to be

I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile.
I've watched you sleeping for a while.
I'd be the father of your child.
I'd spend a lifetime with you.

I know your fears and you know mine.
We've had our doubts but now we're fine,
And I love you, I swear that's true.
I cannot live without you.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

And I still hold your hand in mine.
In mine when I'm asleep.
And I will bear my soul in time,
When I'm kneeling at your feet.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.
I'm so hollow, baby, I'm so hollow.
I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow

to sum up everything I felt into one song was so amazing...
I had worried about how we would end... after the way my last relationship before had ended, i was dreading the inevitable.
I fell so helplessly in love that I was "blind" and was so very dependent on him.  I changed my life for him.
          
When we split, I still thought of him always and it was difficult for me to move one... BUT I imagined that he had forgotten about me, about us, "we" were not even a fraction of his memory...
I had thought of our future together... I could totally picture us someday, years away, marrying and having a family... he was different from my relationship before... he liked children and had goals and aspirations of having a family of his own someday. 
          
I was so attached to him... they say in relationships (or especially in marriage) the two become one.  When we split I felt like part of me was missing.  I felt hollow without him.

I'm glad that in time I was able to be my own person again.  Looking back now I can see how foolish I was, to become so attached to one person.  I wasn't a fool for falling in love, just a fool for giving up a part of myself in the process...

No comments: