Sunday, March 5, 2006

Today's Sesame Street is brought to you by the letter...

Okay, somewhat crazy week.  I woke up Wednesday morning to Sesame Street.  Did you know the letter of the day was "J"??? I did!!  I totally overslept longer than I wanted to.  Went to bed at 11... next thing I knew it was 8:38.  And Bert was announcing the letter "J"!!  I got up and got ready for work... emailed a few friends then left...  There was absolutely nothing to do at work which totally made the day lag ((doesn't it always??))  Went home and... oh, I forgot, I got a call Tuesday night from a company that saw my resume... so I called and made an appointment for an interview.  Then (in continuation)... went home and called my friend cuz she was excited for my interview.  We talked about the company (since she works there) and I planned to what I would wear, and set my alarm for 7am before heading off to bed. 

Thursday morning... alarm didn't go off!!! My niece called me at 7:04.  "Are you ready yet?" she asked.  Wow!   Good thing she called!  I jumped up and got ready, took her to school... parked in a parking lot (loitering!!) and put on my makeup.  Drove to the place... got there 1/2 an hour early.  So I sat in the parking lot (loitering?  again?) while the security guard watched me.  I got out and prepped myself for the interrogation.  It was actually fine.  I was very proud of myself... hope they were impressed.  I took the scenic route to work.  I was switching stations cuz, of course, there's nothing good on at 10am.  I stopped on Radio Disney... yeah, I know, but sometimes they have good music.  I don't remember what I was listening to, but I had the windows down blasting Radio Disney, when one song ends and the next begins.  It's Winnie the Pooh!  He's singing about the clouds!! OMG, I couldn't change that station fast enough.  I'm a single girl, in my 30's and I've been subjected to children's entertainment 2 days in a row!!

So back to KROQ (come on now, I gotta be normal) and drove to work. I sat in the parking lot (yes, again!)  I think I sat there for about an hour before I actually had to start working.  I called on another job (I have another interview tomorrow morning)  The work day was actually pretty busy.  Good thing, cuz I'm tired of being bored at work.  I even went to the gym and enjoyed it!!   The lady at this new job... it's a manual labor type job (2nd income) but I think I'd really enjoy doing it.  It's a kennel, a labrador breeding place.  So the lady told me, if I take the job, and I like it... I can "cancel my gym membership cuz it definitely gives you a workout".  We'll see about that.  So, if I took it, I'd work 7:30-11:00 there, then 12:00 - 9:00 at my other job -- M-F.  There might be weekends involved as well.  I'll be dead tired, but I won't be so broke...

So then:
I can afford to upgrade my cell phone that's dying by the second...
I can buy a new heater so my room isn't such a freezer...
I can pay all my bills so my (dying) cell phone doesn't ring at 6am...
          ...these are just a fraction of the dreams I hope to accomplish.

I still haven't booked that flight to NY for the end of the month... 
         ...where's that $300 airfare coming from???

edit: I took the job... I work 8-11am Tuesday and Thursday and 4-6pm Saturday.  It's fun, but tiring.  There's lots of cleaning and sanitizing.  Friday I got to work smelling & looking like a wet dog.  I showered in the gym locker room at work, but my hands permanently smelled like wet dog.  I don't know how many times that day I used hot soapy water, with hand sanitizer, with lotion.  I ended up smelling like a lavender, wet dog.  Yesterday wasn't so bad because it was dry weather, but my arms will start to look very big from walking 6 dogs once a week... not to mention walking my 65 lb hound 3x's a week...

And I have a second interview Wednesday with my friend's company... I kinda hope I get it, but then I'd totally have to change my hours with Theresa to "weekends only" and I don't know if she'll like that...

No comments: