Sunday, January 30, 2011

it wasn't such a bad weekend..

Friday was a lazy day at home (once I got home that is).. I worked until 5:30.

My boss has been giving me different projects the last few weeks. the last project she had given me ended Thursday afternoon at which point she had determined from the VP that she had told me it wrong so I corrected that first thing Friday morning. Then I was out of work (what? me? out of work?).. so I told her I needed more, and she mentioned she had another project. Then at 12:00 they pulled the whole department together and told us they had a mandatory 1099 project. we "all" went to lunch 12:00 to 12:30.. then sat around until 1:15 when they gave us the project with a 3:00 deadline - then the list-makers had a 3:30 deadline to get everything sorted and compiled together.

So, we boogied our butts from 1:15 to 3:00 at which point they told us we did it wrong =P so 3:00 to 3:30 was correcting what we could from there on and sending to our designated list-maker. I was a list-maker so I stopped once I got my first response... I ended up being at work until 5:30 sorting and compiling my list.. so I worked 7-5:30 with 1/2 hour lunch.

Then I came home and did nothing.. yep, nothing.. that's what I did. I tried to vacuum but both vacuums weren't cooperating. And then I just gave up. I was on the computer, had the tv going.. and just sat around instead..

Saturday, that was the "big" day. got up and watched tv for a bit.. sat at the computer for a bit.. but then got dressed and planned the day. Ronnie and I left at 10:00-ish. drove Angela to Brewster to C-street, to Sycamore. then LA to the wash by green acres.. then drove all through the wash - across Sequoia, across Tapo Canyon, Tapo Street, to Hidden Ranch.. then down LA to Rory, cut through mobile home park back to the wash and continued on to Kuehner.. down Kuehner to Rocky Pointe then through to Katherine Park through Katherine Street all the way to Cypress then cut across to the train tracks, and "rode the rails" back to Hidden Ranch..bike trails through the wash again to Sequoia.. then down Sequoia (techically "up" though) to the end.. cut back through neighborhood from Appleton to Watson, Fitzgerald to Sycamore, home.

Lots of ups and downs.. but 16 (?) miles in 4 hours.. and I survived it. I can't WAIT to go again next weekend!!!

Afterwards we went to a bbg up the street that's when it started getting cold.. and today it rained.. today we did a few errands and came back home to relax.

The weekend flew by.. Saturday was busy, tiring, and invigorating.. Sunday was a do-nothing, lazy day.. just how I like 'em! =)

No comments: