Sunday, January 9, 2011

January updates

I'm trying to find a flat magnet (or weight).. kind of rectangle shaped.. I looked on JoAnn's website - they have round magnets.. Michael's has nothing =( tring to "fix" the curtain on our laundry shed, it always just flies wide open, then the rain and wind get in.. I suppose the round magnets will work..

We are also going to recirculate (re-circulate? is that a real word?) our emergency rations.. We had planned it during the week.. buying new supplies and donating the "old" ones to a local food bank. Well, yesterday, while shopping at Smart-N-Final, we were approached by an organization that sends care packages overseas to the military.. so we decided to donate our "old" supplies to them.. and then we can refill the storage bins with new canned goods. There is a list of "please sends" and "do not sends", so whatever is not allowed we can still donate to the food bank here in Simi..

we went back to work last week.. that's always sad when the holidays end, and "real life" begins again. things at work are going good. my boss has been giving me lots of research stuff and other work, letting me prove myself and expand my skills (as well as fully use other skills I have learned but not had the opportunity to really use)

We got another new procedure, plus an addition on an old procedure.. took a bit of time to adjust to the whole new routine. But now it's just common nature.

I've made myself a little schedule. I played piano Monday, Wednesday, Saturday (Monday was 2 hours because time just flew by.. Wednesday and Saturday were 1 hour), Friday, I exercised 45 minutes (a DVD that I think my mom gave me - Denise Austin's Body Makeover Mix) I thought I had more exercise videos/DVDs but whenever I organize this house I always end up hiding things from myself. So, I'm going to go look for more DVDs to give myself some variety.

After Friday's exercise, my stomach was sore!! thighs as well.. and I thought that Saturday I was going to regret myself.. but no, I was actually okay.

Ronnie and I plan to get out and walk or hike on Sundays so that day is planned. Now I need a new "something" for Tuesday and Thursday.. still walking 1/2 hour on lunch Monday-Friday, and I walk Nona after work Tuesdays/Thursday - so maybe I'll make the Tuesday/Thursday longer walks for me.

No comments: