Sunday, January 23, 2011

so this weekend was a wee-bit better

well.. to start on Thursday.. I've been exercising every day walking at lunch.. walking 'nona for 20-30 minutes.. even had a dvd I was doing.. I was doing level 1.. I had a whole schedule planned out including playing piano. but it was already "normal".. Toni give me a new dvd last Monday that I used the first time on Thursday ..that was the end of "normal"

Jillian Michaels is killer.. she IS the toughest trainer. She says you're not supposed to stop.. and I know me, I'll stop for anything. So, I told myself I can't quit when the going gets rough. I made myself keep going.. so much to the point that I was really in pain. My legs were really hurting. All those jumping jacks, and jump ropes, and squats - my legs were dying. Then she had us doing crunches.. cross your legs, and criss-cross crunch up and down.. then switch sides.. she did 5, I did 1.. she did 7, I did 1.. she did 10, I did 1.. then switch sides.. I tried to do 1 and I was in agony. My arms were going numb, my legs were going numb, I couldn't breathe.

I had to sit there (lie there) until my legs started working again. Of course, if you exercise and "rest" your muscles freeze up.. which of course happened. I was there for 20 minutes, and as the night went on, I got more and more stiff.. by Friday, I was in agony. No walking Friday, no exercise of any kind. I wish it could have been the same for Saturday, but I went bike shopping.. which meant bicycle test-driving.

It also was my first time on a bike in 15 years.. it was very scary, but at the same time something I've wanted for a long time. I tried out 3 at a bike shop across town. The first one was too scary for me to really enjoy. Then I treid a 2nd one, that was a little easier.. it was a comfier ride, but I was still on edge - worried of cars in the parking lot, turning too tight and taking a fall. Then I tried a 3rd one.. also comfy, but felt like someone else's bike.. #2 was feeling right.. off to 99c store to think it over.. but as I got across the street to 99c, Ronnie and I decided to continue our quest.. to Rick's where there was no selection ..continue across to the other end of town to the other "popular" bike shop. I found 2 more I liked. I've never chosen my own bike so I had no idea what to look for.. #1 was nice, as nice as #2 at the east shop.. but #2 at west shop was awesome! that was the one!

We then went to pick up Kane & Abbie.. the fun time of the weekend had begun. They were here from 5:30 Saturday until 11:30 Sunday. They were much better than the last time they were here.. Abbie is awfully "barky" but she definitely made it through the night a lot better. I'm sure Jessie will hate me forever; she seemed really short-tempered this time around =P

Sunday.. once the puppy patrol was gone.. I was more relaxed. I was too nervous of what they were getting into, how much they would be tramatizing my Jessie-pie. I let the Lillie-bird out of her cage, watched tv while she wandered herself around the house (then magically appeared back at the top of her cage!) Not a whole lot else went on all day.. watched TV.. read some emails (and responded too) a trip to Big-5 at 3:30.., then to Walmart.. then home for a 1/2 hour bike ride on my new bike.. I was very self-conscious about where every car was, every pot-hole.. it was a tiring trip but definitely worth it.

Now it is time to go back to work again =( where do the weekends go??

No comments: