Tuesday, January 18, 2011

a rather uneventful weekend.. depending on your point of view..

so last week was a full 5-day-week of work.. I hate 5-day weeks.. I think I'd feel a lot better if I could work from home.. to satisfy my day, I need to keep busy. And once I start on something, I'm pretty capable to filling my time, and keeping busy.. but there are certain people that distract me - then time ticks by very very slowly. But if I could work from home, I know I'd never be interrupted (okay, so, maybe not "never".. but very very rarely..)



Friday, I was very ecstatic to be free for 3 whole days.. do what I want, when I want, where I want. Saturday morning - laundry, so more organizing of stuff.. some laziness (hey, it's my weekend - "what I want, when I want"). Then waiting on friends to hang out.. we went hiking in Hope Town.. yeah, it was kinda dark, but awesomely fun..



Sunday, more hanging with friends. We had originally planned to go to Frazier Park to play in snow.. but then determined with the 70/80 degree heat we'd had, there probably wouldn't be much snow left.. We went to the park to feed the ducks.. very fun, but very stressful. Whinona would not listen.. she walked up to a husky (luckily he was very friendly), she walked up to a Chihuahua (rather, it ran up to her) and she walked up to a pit-bull (not a good thing). I have no problem with pit-bulls. I don't stereotype them as horrible vicious creatures, not normally.



Whinona starts walking up to the dog, I called for her, but she ignored me.. The guy yells, "he will attack".. so I ran to get her.. he's kicking her away, he's yelling for me to come get her.. I did, oh, I definitely did. I grabbed her back kicking and screaming.. (yes, kicking.. and screaming).. put her leash on her and tied her to the bench. The guy walked by.. his dog was pulling on the leash, squeezing out breath, growling.. Whinona whined but I told her she was being punished.



Why would you bring an unsocialized dog to a park? Yes, Whinona should have been on her leash (that's my fault), but why would you bring an unsocialized dog to a public place where there are so many other animals and kids everywhere?? I can only hope and pray that the couple with the Chihuahua had her on a leash if they crossed paths.. because that would have been fatal if they didn't..



Monday, was another 1/2-do-nothing day. I washed dishes from our bbq the night before (oh yeah, after the park we had a bbq with short ribs, tri-tip, sausage, garlic bread), I also finished cleaning the bathroom from Saturday/Sunday (yes, it takes me 3 days to clean the bathroom) and vacuumed the living room. Then my sister Toni came over and we sat and talked for about 1/2 hour. She brought me some 2.5 lb weights, and an exercise DVD. She also brought a box of clothes from our sister Karla up in Larkspur (up by San Francisco).. then we met our sister Sab for lunch at Chipotle. It was yummy! I'd never been there before. I know I will definitely be going back again. I had 3 carnitas tacos, flour tortilla, mild sauce, guacamole, sour cream w/a cup of water. After lunch we walked around the mall for a bit so Toni could go shopping.



After that came home to control my mind for going back to work today :( I made dinner, a new recipe of pasta w/sausage and bell pepper. It was okay.. Ronnie loved it.. the sausage didn't sit too well with me (or rather the combination of jalapeno cheese with the sausage) and the onions were very overpowering (..for my taste)



Ronnie and I found a condo-listing for sale Sunday night. I scheduled an showing appointment for Monday afternoon 4:30. I was speaking with the realtors assistant from 12:30 on.. at around 3:45 he said that the listing agent would need to have the homeowner there because they have a dog so we can't just enter the property. So the meeting was scheduled for today 4:30.. then he called today 2:45 that the listing price is incorrect. The homeowner is doing a short sale and they need to meet fair market value with Chase for short sale to be valid. so, the listing price will change sometime next week when market value is determined.. =(

No comments: