Friday, July 15, 2011

so.. today.. let's see..

Ronnie woke up early to get to the valley early.. so I woke up alone =( ((he was still home, but already up and ready to go)) so I got up and got ready on my own.. cleaned Lillie's water.. gave kitties and 'Nona water too.. fed the kitties but didn't have time to feed 'Nona. ran out the door and off to work.

pretty normal workday/Friday most of the time. Left for lunch and saw "HUGE" smoke cloud to west.. there was some big fire on the 118 freeway (or by the 118 freeway).. came home to spend time with my babies.. then back to work..

oh.. in the morning, my cubicle-mate told me that 1 department in the buiding is "closing". they gave them 2 weeks.. they have to be re-hired as contactors (instead of Legacy-Countrywide employees that "merged" over to Bank of America). so all day I meant to tell another co-worker.. but kept forgetting.. so around 2:30 she called me because she'd heard the sad news. I didn't specifically know of anyone that was canned but worried of who might be.

so found out around 3:00 that my nephew (actually Ronnie's nephew) was given 2-week notice yesterday (w/$7000 severance pay). then found out another good friend was also given 2-week notice (don't know about his severance package). attempted to email both, but my nephew wasn't at work - told my friend we have/had an opening in my area. he should call my manager & teamleader to try for 'em. i then emailed my manager, she said there are 2 open requisitions. I emailed him back for his resume.. got it at 3:56 and forwarded to her at 3:57.. she's already signed off for the day =P

but, oh well.. got home to try to organize this house.. that of course didn't happen (when does it ever?) went to bank after money for spending cash.. then straight home to look up garage sales.. I researched 'em all, planned out what's where.. mapped it out.. stupid sucky printer won't work.. so i'll try again in a.m.

I can hear a little bit now.. some of my hearing came back.. but I can still feel "gunk" in my ear so I still have to keep up with the drops..

No comments: