Saturday, July 9, 2011

wow..

.. i haven't been on here since Feb 13?? so I completely missed Valentine's Day, my Birthday (woo! woo!), Easter (hiking), camping/fishing (awesome!!), Memorial Day, 4th of July (UFO sighting!!)

I am amazed by how much of a blogger I am not.. or maybe I haven't had the inspiration other people have had.. I have tried many times to blog.. I just never had enough to talk about.. even though my life isn't an empty shell. I wonder half the time if the stuff I could write about would interest anyone at all.

I live in a teeny tiny small guest-house (650 sq ft!), cool landlord but crazy neighbors.. we have an awesome garden, and would LOVE to have a farm with land (give me land! lotsa land! with the starry skies above! don't fence me in!) .. a 650-sq-ft house doesn't come with a whole lot of land, and most of it is un-useable for gardening. CA isn't the best place for farming land, not unless you are in an un-incorporated section.. and then we both have jobs (duh!), so "un-incorporated" wouldn't be very economical.

past blogging was always about the trials and troubles of past guys in my life.. liking this one who could care less about me, being liked by another who I had no interest at all in.. now that I have a happy relationship, how do I find it so hard to find things to talk about?? and then, I could write for the sheer satisfaction of venting and releasing frustration (I do have lots of that, despite my happy relationship) but then if someone I happen to know, comes across my blog - this could start wars!!!

so, here goes.. weapons - alert!!

the neighbors.. huh, that's a rough-n-tumble topic.. so the old neighbors.. mr kick-the-dog punch-the-wall couldn't work (disability) so his girlfriend had to support them, plus their baby.. but after a year, they moved to something more affordable.

they told us the power was getting shut off May 6th cuz that's when the last guy was moving out (oh yeah, his brother lived there too) so we'd have to change electric bill into our name.. when we paid our May 1st rent, the landlord said not to worry.. the electric is in his name - ERROR ERROR ERROR. May 6th - zero power!!! however we didn't find out about it until 4:30, at which point SCE was closing and couldn't send a tech out (believe me - we tried, the landlord tried). so we wanted until dark for the next neighbor to get home. landlord hooked up an extension cord from their pool-pump to our elec box.. then we had our fish tank connected to the refrigerator outlet - yay! food and light! it made for a very long weekend, I was never so happy to see Monday.

June 1st the landlord had a guy move in so the house wouldn't be vacant & exposed to "whoever". wow, and I thought mr kick-the-dog punch-the-wall was bad. he is there maybe 2 or 3 days a week.. there is no furniture in the house.. 2 weeks later, a girl shows up with a dog.. she comes through our gate, apologizes, then says "sorry I'm friends with Tom in the front". say wha?? the dog is still there.. I think he is the one that is house-sitting..

since then, another girl came into our gate a few weeks later.. she realized early enough that she was in the wrong place and left before causing a scene... BUT just this past week, a girl came into our gate (we were in the house) and asked if she could use the cell phone.. we said no, so she tried to come inside to apologize! you don't just walk into someone else's house! where do you think you are? WHO do you think you are?? oh -and the landlord said the guy's name is Steve. where was "Tom"??

we bought a lock for the gate, but the brilliant braniac landlord made this gate.. it isn't a standard size.. doesn't fit a standard deadbolt.. we're going to have to rethink this whole situation.

at work I started a new job.. it's still the same department but a whole new job entirely. I didn't really know about it. my boss just moved me there. I thought it was just temporary to help them out.. nope, permanent. I like it though. it's the next step after my old job.. so some of it is really making sense now. some of the 'lingo' is still confusing however.. that part I still have to learn.

oh, and we have a new 'baby'. march 11th - 2 fluffy kitties.. adorable!!!!! our friends Daniel and Lori took one (a boy) a week later and we still have the other one (a girl - who we thought was a boy). she is the cat I always wanted (although I'd prefer short-haired, and not black). loves attention & very playful (she's just barely 6 months old) with big golden eyes.

we also built a music studio in our house.. rearranged some furniture to fit it all in. once again, we have wall-to-wall furniture =P

No comments: